Post-Event Recording: Climate Justice & Conflict: Gender, Peace and Environmental Rights
On Tuesday 6th July, Gender Action for Peace and Security (GAPS) held a panel event titled Climate justice & conflict: Gender, peace and environmental rights. The event explored the links between women’s rights and environmental peace, with brilliant speakers including local women’s rights organisations from the Global South, academics and government representatives from the Global North. The event was recorded and can be found below.
• Felogene Anumo – Building Feminist Economies Lead, Association for Women’s Rights in Development
• André Mundal – Special Representative for Women, Peace and Security, Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
• Joan Namaggwa & Clare Nassanga – International Coordinator & Evaluation Officer of The Rise Up Movement
• Diana Oroma – Project Officer Women, Peace & Security, Women’s International Peace Centre
• Dr Keina Yoshida – Research Officer, LSE Centre for Women, Peace and Security & Human Rights Barrister
• Chair: Hannah Bond, Director, GAPS
This event was organised with the generous support of the Millby Foundation.