Apply by May 15th 2022, GAPS Director (Open Contract).
Gender Action for Peace and Security (GAPS) is the UK’s Women, Peace and Security civil society network. It is a membership organisation of 19 multi-mandate international NGOs, peacebuilding organisations, women’s rights organisations and human rights organisations. GAPS is an independent network hosted by Saferworld, who is also a member organisation. This recruitment will be led by GAPS’ Management Board and follow GAPS’ rules and procedures.
GAPS is recruiting for a Director. The GAPS Director will grow and lead GAPS’ strategic direction, funding and impact by:
- Developing, delivering and monitoring an ambitious GAPS strategy;
- Identifying national and global opportunities for partnership, profile and impact;
- Growing GAPS funding, resources and capacity;
- Ensuring GAPS is a compliant, accountable network;
- Ensuring GAPS is institutionalised within member organisations as well as UK and global civil society;
- Building on and expanding GAPS’ stakeholder relationships in the UK and globally;
- Representing GAPS at national and global Women, Peace and Security fora.
The post-holder will be committed to feminist, anti-racist and inclusive ways of working, with a strong understanding of working in multi-cultural settings and accompanying women’s organisations, people and processes, including in conflict settings. They will lead GAPS team and members to increase their influence and impact through strategic WPS advocacy and lead on the development of advocacy strategies and tools that can be used to effectively influence change at all levels but with a focus of UK Government’s work in countries and at central level.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Marie Aziz at email@example.com.