The GAPS Strategy 2018-2022
Who we are:
• We work in solidarity with women and girls in the UK and globally and ensure our work is rooted in rights, needs and experiences.
• We support our members and partners in their advocacy on Women, Peace and Security by identifying, building and managing relationships with relevant stakeholders within government, parliament and civil society, creating channels of influence to decision makers.
• We amplify our members’ and partners collective analysis, research, resources and influence to impress upon decision makers the realities of women, girls, men, boys and gender and sexual minorities in conflict settings and make clear their needs and recommendations for peace.
• We advocate for evidence-based changes in policies and practices that directly affect women and girls’ rights, security and ability to live safe, peaceful and fulfilling lives.
• We challenge policies and practices that undermine peace, perpetuate or exacerbate conflict, and do not uphold and consider the rights of women and girls.
• We collaborate with our partners, members, governments, parliaments, multilateral institutions, international and local NGOs, human rights defenders and peacebuilders to achieve better policy and practice for peace, gender equality and women and girls’ rights, and we hold all and ourselves to the highest standards in this regard.
• We learn with members, partners and allies around the world to share lessons and best practice in progressing Women, Peace and Security through policy and practice.
• We communicate clearly, openly and democratically with GAPS members, partners, government officials and ministers, and parliamentarians.